We are dedicated to providing our clients with high quality legal advice and the best possible service.
As a client of Boyletts Law, if at any point you become unhappy or concerned about any aspect of the service you have received, or about your bill, we need you to tell us about it immediately so we can do our best to put things right. Our formal complaints procedure is detailed below.
In the first instance, please raise any concerns or queries directly with the person handling your work, or ask to speak to our Director, Kim Boylett who will be happy to meet with you in person to discuss and hopefully resolve your concerns.
After this, if you remain dissatisfied and would like to make a formal complaint, please detail the nature of your complaint in writing and send it to us at:
Boyletts Law Ltd, Unit G22 Allen House Business Centre, The Maltings, Station Road, Sawbridgeworth, Hertfordshire, CM21 9JX.
Please mark your letter for the urgent attention of the Director, Kim Boylett.
If we are unable to resolve your complaint then you can have the complaint independently looked at by the Legal Ombudsman. The Legal Ombudsman investigates complaints about service issues with lawyers.
The Legal Ombudsman expects complaints to be made to them within one year of the date of the act or omission about which you are concerned or within one year of you realising there was a concern. You must also refer your concerns to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of our final response to you.
Formal Complaints Procedure;
- Once the the Director receives details of your complaint, they will acknowledge receipt within three working days;
- Your complaint will be recorded in our central complaints register and on your client file;
- Your complaint will be investigated and you will receive a formal written response no later than 8 weeks from the date of receipt of your complaint.
- Following receipt of our final response, or if in the unlikely event we have not provided you with a final written response to your complaint within 8 weeks, if you are still dissatisfied you can refer your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman, an independent complaints body, established under the Legal Services Act 2007. You can write to the Legal Ombudsman at PO Box 6167, Slough, SL1 0EH. Alternatively, you can contact them by telephone on 0300 555 0333.
- Please note that before contacting the Legal Ombudsman, you must usually allow us up to eight weeks to resolve your complaint. If you do wish to involve the Legal Ombudsman, its time limits for accepting a complaint are six years from the date of the act/omission, or three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint. In addition, you must raise your concerns with the Legal Ombudsman within six months of receiving our final response to your complaint;
- Alternative complaints bodies such as Ombudsman services, Pro Mediate and Small Claims Mediation exist, which are competent to deal with complaints about legal services, should we both agree to use such a scheme.
If you would like to arrange an appointment please contact our friendly team today on 01279 295047
or by completing our online enquiry form.