Boyletts Law charges on the basis of a fixed fee for all work
We understand that legal fees can often be daunting and that is why all of our work is charged on the basis of a fixed fee and we do not charge a percentage value of the estate.
We will always provide you with a fixed fee quote at the outset and confirm the work which will be carried out on your behalf. At Boyletts Law we offer a flexible service, so you can either instruct us to complete the full estate administration or to obtain the Grant of Probate only.
All of our fixed fee quotes are inclusive of all telephone calls, emails, correspondence, meetings and advice throughout so you can have peace of mind when instructing us that you will not receive additional charges should you need to give us a ring.
- Grant of Probate only – HMRC form IHT205 – £950 plus VAT (at 20%) = £1140
- Grant of Probate only – HMRC form IHT205 and claim for transferable nil rate band – £1,150 plus VAT (at 20%) = £1380
- Grant of Probate only – HMRC form IHT400 – £1,650 plus VAT (at 20%) = £1980
- Grant of Probate only – HMRC form IHT400 plus claim for Residence nil rate band – £2,150 plus VAT (at 20%) = £2580
- Grant of Probate and Full Estate Administration – Fixed fee agreed at the outset. and as a guide our charges for a Grant of Probate and full estate administration service range from £1,950 to £6,000 plus VAT (at 20%) = £2340 to £7200 and include the following steps:
Work carried out to apply for the Grant of Probate – Pre Grant
- Checking the validity of a Will or providing advice on an intestacy (when someone dies without a Will)
- Advising on the terms of the Will
- Arranging funeral payments
- Notifying all organisations HMRC, banks, insurance companies, pensions etc.
- Obtaining accurate valuations of ALL assets as at the date of death
- Completion the relevant HMRC Inheritance Tax account
- Drafting all Probate papers
- (In taxable estates) arranging payment of inheritance tax due prior to applying for the Grant of Probate
- Submitting application to the Court
- Providing you with the Grant of Probate
Estate Administration – Post Grant
- Advising on next steps
- Realising all assets (bank accounts, insurance policies, investments, shares)
- Contacting all of the beneficiaries
- Paying bills/liabilities
Paying inheritance tax
Obtaining clearance from HMRC
- Preparing full estate administration accounts
- Distributing the estate to beneficiaries
Payment to third parties:
Court fee – £155 plus £1.50 per Court sealed copy
If you would like to arrange an appointment please contact our friendly team today on 01279 295047
or by completing our online enquiry form.