Leasehold Asset Management
At Boyletts Law, our lawyers specialise in assisting Landlords of residential buildings with their asset management requirements. Our previous experience ranges from providing general management advice to Landlords of small, local blocks to representing some of the largest landed estates in the UK with the regular management of their portfolios.
In particular, we are able to assist with the following:
- Granting new Leases (including Leases of Flats, Common Parts, Airspace and subsoil), along with Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreements and Common Law Tenancies
- Surrendering existing Leases, for example where a Lease is no longer required, or the Landlord has agreed to ‘buy back’ the property
- Licences for Alterations, including complex applications which involve Landlord and Tenant Act 1987 considerations, advising on the implications of the decision in Duval v 11-13 Randolph Crescent (2020), or which require the disposal of Airspace or subsoil
- Licences to Assign, where applications are made by tenants pursuant to the alienation provisions in their Leases
- Rent and Service Charge Deposit Deeds, where an incoming (or existing) tenant is required to pay funds on account to the Landlord as a guarantee for their compliance with the provisions in the Lease
- Licences to Underlet, including reviewing, and reporting to the Landlord on, the terms of the proposed Underlease or Tenancy agreement
- Supplemental Licences for the use of a property by the leaseholder, such as revocable hard-flooring licences, gas-fire licences or roof-terrace licences, where such matters would otherwise be prohibited by the Lease
- Deeds of Covenant, where a buyer is required to enter into a Deed on or before completion of their purchase
If you would like us to assist you with any of the above, or you would like to enquire about the Residential Property services that we offer, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our friendly team today on 01279 295047.
Make an enquiry
If you would like to arrange an appointment please contact our friendly team today on 01279 295047
or by completing our online enquiry form.