Chartered Legal Executive
James is the head of our Residential Property Team and has extensive experience in all aspects of residential property law. James gained several years of experience at firms both locally and in London, regularly dealing with transactions involving the sale, acquisition and refinancing of prime and super-prime freehold and leasehold properties, as well as leasehold asset management work for some of the largest landed estates in the country.
Additionally, James has experience in dealing with Lease Extensions and enfranchisement, on both a statutory and voluntary basis, along with complex Licences to Alter involving Airspace disposals and 1987 Act considerations.
James prides himself on the efficiency of the service that he provides to his clients, and explains the law in a clear and concise manner, with a focus on ensuring that clients can make informed decisions and always remain up-to-date with progress.
James’ previous work has included:
- Acting for a buyer in the purchase of a leasehold flat in Belgravia valued at £26.5 million;
- Representing one of Europe’s largest private banks in the refinance of a freehold property in Surrey, owned by a former international footballer, with a gross loan value of £3 million;
- Acting for the Seller of a leasehold flat in London valued at £8.25 million;
- Managing a statutory lease extension project for one of the largest Housing Associations in the country, which involved over 150 claims under the Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act 1993;
- Dealing with Sharia’a-compliant financing for numerous clients based in the Middle East;
- Acting for one of the world’s largest landed estates in relation to the granting of residential Leases of prime and super-prime London properties at annual rents in excess of £500,000, along with the granting of Assured-Shorthold Tenancy Agreements.
In his spare time, James is a keen sportsman, playing locally in cricket for Sawbridgeworth and in football for Hatfield Heath. James is a long-suffering Tottenham Hotspur fan and goes to games as often as possible.
James's latest blogs
Make an enquiry
If you would like to arrange an appointment please contact our friendly team today on 01279 295047
or by completing our online enquiry form.